Autumn soon came and Woolley returned to Ur for the third season. They continued exploring the area around the ziggurat.
It was not long before they began to uncover buildings called 'E-dub-lal-mah' and 'E-gi-par'. The first had been built on the orders of a king and the other was where the high priestess lived.
In the spring of 1925 they stopped work and Woolley headed home. He spent the next few months writing up his notes from the third season.